This position plans and organizes the receiving, storage and distribution of all material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customers. Manages inventory through a database and maintain levels required on a daily basis to meet production demands.
- Verify packing slips, quantity, and conformity of goods upon receiving and work with purchasing to resolve discrepancies.
- Receive shipments from suppliers, documenting the received components and properly placing in inventory. Notifies and delivers incoming shipments to end user.
- Enter data for quantities of parts issued and transferred between locations, inventory and cycle count adjustments, into computer database. Raising discrepancies with the supervisor.
- Track non-inventory items using kanban or similar material reordering system.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments or making the delivery/pick up yourself.
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of dock and inventory areas for orderliness at all times, including emptying trash and recycling.
- Maintain warehouse appearance and organization through general cleaning and upkeep, complying with procedures, rules and regulations, assessing layout for space optimization, verifying racking and storage devices are in good condition, and bin locations are updated correctly labeled.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling and performing repetitive motions.
- Standing and walking for up to 8 hours.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience
- Forklift experience required
- Ability to lift 50lbs without assistance
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum 5 years experience in warehouse and production environment highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic math skills.
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.