Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy, and beef genetics. We are uniquely positioned as a global player with a large investment in dedicated research and development. Food consumption is expected to rise by 60% in the next 20 years. Our challenge is to affordably and sustainably meet that escalating demand while global resources diminish. Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world. We are seeking a Training Coordinator to join our global Training Team.
The Training Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and facilitating the IntelliGen Training Program for the global biotech laboratories and making improvements to the program as the technology changes and learners’ needs evolve.
- Schedule, organize, and administrate training for production technicians
- Facilitate classroom and on-the-job training for new hire orientation and for tenured employees when new technologies are released
- Determine appropriate training methods depending on training needs, including classroom, virtual, on-the-job, online, and professional development classes
- Work with key stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities, to define requirements for new or updated processes, and to drive effective change
- Seek and gather information from Leadership, employees and other departments regarding to effectiveness of completed training courses and program to constantly improve
- Administrate the Learning Management System, including uploading and assigning training, monitoring compliance, and troubleshooting allocation errors
- Organize and maintain training records, following good documentation practices in a controlled environment
- Create and maintain training materials, including job aids, training modules, computer-based learning, and quizzes
- Maintain relationships with global training representatives to consult on their training needs and hold them accountable for executing the training program
- Prioritize and balance multiple projects while meeting business needs and optimizing learning outcomes
- Actively research current training methods and best practices on developments within the industry and competitors to ensure an optimum Training Program
- All other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 2+ years of previous training experience required
- Training experience in a laboratory setting preferred
- Experience with learning management software preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with broad groups of people, including Leadership
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite, Adobe, SharePoint
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail
Capabilities and Behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Who Are We?
ABS Global is a market leader in dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.