Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist will be responsible for establishing and overseeing relationships with key vendors, contributing to the development of global vendor strategies, and sourcing and qualifying new vendors for Research and Development activities on a global basis. Drives optimal cost, quality and service models on a global basis.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following but not all-inclusive duties:
- Contribute to the development of a vendor strategy for global vendors of IntelliGen and define global vendor opportunities.
- Provide and maintain vendor portfolio dashboards, scorecards and reports; create and conduct vendor portfolio reviews.
- Conduct periodic performance review meetings with vendors and contribute to a vendor improvement plan, as necessary.
- Coordinate vendor processes and methods to approve new vendors.
- Drive supplier performance through the use of escalation and contract enforcement to meet performance benchmarks for the timeliness of resolution for customer concerns.
- Responsible for product understanding and expertise for your assigned suppliers.
- Utilize data to identify trends in supplier performance and service interruptions.
- Identify existing suppliers and establishing minimum, maximum and reorder quantities.
- Ensure supplier compliance with company requirements for quality, safety, and delivery.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Any other duties which are commensurate with the grade of the position as determined by the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum four years of experience in a Supply Chain function that includes, demand, supply and inventory planning.
- Proven experience building effective relationships with vendors, including negotiating terms and conditions in agreements.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of follow through and high sense of urgency to email and phone requests.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to speak and present in front of large groups of people, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, achievement oriented, self-motivated, and organized.
- Vendor management experience, preferred.
- ERP experience, preferred.
- Familiarity with Kaizon, LEAN, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies, preferred.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
Capabilities and Behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work.
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry.
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Who Are We?
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the worlds best pigs and bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.