Stem Cell Research Scientist
Overall Job Purpose:
Our mission as a global animal livestock genetics leader is to be an innovative and preferred partner in emerging agriculture livestock technology focusing on animal health and welfare that provides benefits to farmers, consumers and the environment. As we continue to grow, a new Scientist position is being offered to provide research leadership focused on development of novel stem cell methodologies in cattle and pigs. The successful candidate will have experience in embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, and/or trophoblast stem cell establishment and culture, as well as using a variety of molecular tools, flow cytometry, and imaging technologies to evaluate such cells. Demonstrated proficiency in recording, analyzing, and presenting data, and contributing to experimental directions and design, will be expected for this position.
Education and experience:
- Advance Degree (PhD) in Animal Science, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Veterinary Science, or relevant field is required.
- Two years of post doctoral experience developing and leading independent research in an academic or commercial environment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in pluripotent stem cell research
- Proven record of success (publications, presentations)
- An in depth understanding of stem cell biology
- Experience using molecular tools in the analysis of pluripotency
- Knowledge of all aspects of laboratory operations
- An understanding of the commercial dairy, beef, and swine industries
- Competence in presenting and publishing scientific data
- Demonstrated ability to implement research plans and achieve results
- Excels at interpersonal relationships, with a positive attitude towards others
- The Scientist would work closely with the Stem Cell Team Lead and the Reproductive Biology Director to establish research objectives that contribute to the establishment and application of stem cells in support of the Genus bovine and porcine businesses.
- The Scientist would execute the experiments necessary to meet established Reproductive Biology goals and would modify experimental approaches or plans as required to meet project objectives and timelines.
- The Scientist would participate in training new members of the Reproductive Biology team and would supervise and participate in daily laboratory operations.
- The Scientist would summarize, analyze, and interpret data, and propose new research directions based upon results.
- The Scientist would share results across the Research and Development group, as well as the larger organization.
- The Scientist would present data at scientific meetings and publish data in scientific journals.
- The Scientist would provide solutions to other researchers within and across projects by identifying problems and opportunities impacting overall goals.
- The Scientist would remain current on new technology by reviewing literature, participating in professional meetings and career development activities, and encouraging others to bring information into research activities.
Capabilities and Behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage knowledge and positively influence others to achieve group goals
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and instinctively acknowledge work done by team members
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.