Overall Responsibilities: We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented, motivated professional to join our team as a Scientific Programmer located in DeForest, Wisconsin. Join a growing team using next generation technology to improve decision making and accelerate genetic improvement in bovine and porcine genetics.
- Develop and maintain multiple large-scale data pipelines, develop tools, pipeline and applications to support acquisition, access and analysis of data.
- Manage, monitor and submit jobs to the HPC cluster and enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Process, clean and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Interact with science teams and users to understand requirements and identify improvements to the software.
Qualifications and experience:
- M.S. in Computational Sciences, Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix and HPC environment.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, FORTRAN, SQL or similar languages.
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and manipulation of computational biology data.
- 2+ years of experience with modern software development techniques, configuration management principles and version control.
- 2+ years of experience developing algorithms and software for HPC.
- Data oriented personality with good communication skills.
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work.
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Who Are We?
ABS Global is a market leader in dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.