Reproductive Biology Research Scientist – IVF
Overall Job Purpose:
Our mission as a global animal livestock genetics leader is to be an innovative and preferred partner in emerging agriculture livestock technology focusing on animal health and welfare that provides benefits to farmers, consumers and the environment. As we continue to grow, a new Scientist position is being offered that will focus on development of novel methodologies for bovine in vitro embryo production. The successful candidate will have experience in in vitro maturation, fertilization, and culture, as well as assessment of embryos using molecular tools and imaging technologies. Development and application of novel culture methodologies to embryo development and quality prediction will be a focus of this position.
- Work closely with the IVF Team Lead and the Reproductive Biology Director to establish research objectives that contribute to the improvement of ARTs in support of the Genus bovine and porcine businesses.
- Execute the experiments necessary to meet established Reproductive Biology goals and will modify experimental approaches or plans as required to meet project objectives and timelines.
- Participate in training new members of the Reproductive Biology team and will supervise and participate in daily laboratory operations.
- Summarize, analyze, and interpret data, and propose new research directions based upon results.
- Share results across the Research and Development group, as well as the larger organization.
- Present data at scientific meetings and publish data in scientific journals.
- Provide feedback and potential solutions to other researchers within and across projects by identifying problems and opportunities impacting overall goals.
- Continue to remain current on new technology by reviewing literature, participating in professional meetings and career development activities, and encouraging others to bring new information to research team meetings.
Education and experience:
- Advance Degree (PhD) in Animal Science, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Veterinary Science, or relevant field, focused on the study of reproductive biology in mammalian systems is preferred.
- A Master’s in Animal Science, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Veterinary Science, or relevant field, focused on the study of reproductive biology in mammalian systems with a minimum of two years of industry experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the in vitro production of mammalian embryos
- Proven records of success in a relevant field (publications, presentations)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Understanding of oocyte and pre-implantation embryo physiology
- Knowledge of all aspects of laboratory operations
- Experience in presenting and publishing scientific data
- Demonstrated ability to implement research plans and achieve results
- Skill at recording organized experimental data and details
- Excels at interpersonal relationships, with a positive attitude towards others
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus Values and Behaviors at all times in day to day work
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage knowledge and positively influence others to achieve group goals
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and instinctively acknowledge work done by team members
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.