R&D Data Analyst
R&D Data Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for R&D Data Analyst position.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented, motivated professional to join our team as a R&D Data Analyst located just outside of Madison, Wisconsin. This position will be responsible for partnering with scientists and engineers to perform experimental data analysis and visualization for critical business projects and decisions. The R&D Data Analyst will gain an understanding of existing data sources and will develop processing workflows to enable broader access to valuable information. This position will also assist experimental leaders with processing, cleaning and verification of the integrity of data used for analysis and must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- Assist R&D engineers and scientists in experimental design, data collection, and analysis
- Access, filter and verify experimental and manufacturing data from a variety of business databases and data sources
- Collaborate with experimental leaders to determine effective ways of examining and communicating data
- Create plots, charts, and other visualization tools to enable quick and effective communication of experimental and performance data
- Deliver critical data analysis of experiments in a timely manner
- Communicate results, sources, and methods clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- Develop workflows for data analysis to enable efficient and accurate data processing that is accessible to technical staff
- 2-year degree in statistics, data science, math, information technology, or similar
- Experience working in a Windows environment
- Familiar with Python, Matlab, or similar language
- Comfortable with Excel and standard Microsoft Office tools
- Excited by aiding in data communication through use of data visualization tools
- Data oriented personality with good communication and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data science, math, information technology, or similar
- Experience in Tableau, JMP, R, R Shiny, or similar tools
- Experience with SQL, basic database development
- Interest and coursework background in biology or physics
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company
Ideally, candidates have experience working in a global role for a company in the agriculture sector.
Who Are We?
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the worlds best pigs and bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.