Quality Control Technician
Role Title: Quality Control Technician I
Reports to: Quality Control Supervisor
Position Location: Pepsi Way
Shift Hours: 2nd (2pm-10:30pm) 3rd (10pm -6:30am)
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy, and beef genetics. We are uniquely positioned as a global
player with a large investment in dedicated research and development. Food consumption is expected to
rise by 60% in the next 20 years. Our challenge is to affordably and sustainably meet that escalating
demand while global resources diminish. Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to
help nourish the world.
Quality technicians are responsible for conducting testing procedures after production to ensure products
comply with quality standards. Quality Control Technicians are responsible for maintaining qualityassurance
processes, testing products, and recording results. Reporting to a quality manager, quality
control technicians follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to best production practices
and product quality standards, as well as monitoring the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of processes.
• Perform and support daily, weekly, and monthly quality control testing, inspections and
procedures using four routine assays
• Record and update all documentation and results in a timely fashion for each assay in the
• Update and maintain the Quality Control record logs and spreadsheets of necessary data
• Weekly maintenance of quality control equipment to ensure proper fabrication of IntelliGen
• Report any quality errors or issues related to product information from R&D, production, or
results to Quality Assurance
• Report results, issues and bottlenecks to the Quality Control Supervisor
• Comply with established quality, safety, and environmental procedures and policies
Qualifications and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office required
• DNA isolation and PCR experience a plus
Capabilities and Behaviors:
Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of
Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external
customers, and vendors at all times.
Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team
Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the
Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.