Purchasing Agent – Temp
The purchasing agent will be responsible for purchasing supplies of direct and indirect materials as well as recording of inventory transactions. The purchasing agent will work with our vendors to ensure on time delivery and order accuracy.
- Protect Genus’ business interests in dealing with vendors
- Daily tasks include; placing purchase orders, coding invoices and other bookkeeping.
- Work with the Vendor Manager to make sure prices stay competitive and affordable to protect business GM.
- Some supplies ordered will be very specific to the engineering, Biologic laboratory setting and/or specialized machines/computers/technology. The selected person will need to work with the vendor manager to source the products and negotiate pricing.
- Interact with all Genus departments in a professional manner.
- Work with research & production departments to ensure needed consumables are purchased and pricing is competitive.
- Proactive management of vendors and supplies to ensure we do not run out of key products
- Assisting with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 2-4 years experience in procurement
- 1 years experience in a laboratory and technical environment strongly preferred
- Good negotiating skills, preferred
- Knowledge of AI industry, preferred
- Detail Oriented, flexible and adaptable
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.