Role Title: IntelliGen Production Supervisor
Reports To: Production Manager
Position Location: Innovation Production Facility
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Responsibilities: To manage the day to day operations of the production lab during the assigned shift, ensuring that the shift meets key performance indicators with respect to production, quality, and safety. Provide leadership and direction to shift personnel, ensuring their training and development, as well as harboring a productive and engaged environment.
- Ensures that the assigned shift consistently meets production requirements, as set by the business.
- Directly manages shift personnel, providing guidance in the completion of daily tasks as well as ensuring their training, development, and engagement.
- With guidance from the Production Supervisor, facilitate the development of a high performing, highly engaged team through training and development of team members.
- Clearly communicates production targets and strategies with the team. Measure and communicate status versus results expected.
- Holds team members accountable for performance standards and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Participates in multi-functional continuous improvement teams in order to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Conduct timely and meaningful performance reviews.
- Perform other key activities as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Two year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred in a manufacturing setting, successfully supervising, leading, and training employees.
- Must have strong communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to analyze data and make critical decisions determining on shift production operations.
- Must excel at working in cross functional teams, communicating clearly, and establishing productive relationships with coworkers.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Capabilities and Behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Who Are We?
ABS Global is a market leader in dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.