Process Development Engineer/Scientist
Summary: Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network. Food consumption is expected to rise by 60% in the next 20 years. Our challenge is to affordably and sustainably meet that escalating demand while global resources diminish. Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
Overview: We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented, motivated professional to join our team as a Process Development Engineer located just outside of Madison, Wisconsin.
- Works with research to further develop consistency and scalability of product and process between the research, development and manufacturing.
- Research and develop ways to manufacture products and monitor existing processes and products for quality and efficiency with a focus on reagents and chemicals.
- Establish process to produce a new product on a large scale with standardized protocols, while looking for ways to make improvements in methods and technology by reviewing and interpreting analytical test results and data.
- Utilize sophisticated technology to monitor production and identify faults.
- Work closely with research scientists, with process engineers and with quality control technicians. Combining extensive knowledge of biotechnology and biomanufacturing, process development scientists also use computer-aided design models to develop manufacturing processes.
- 7+ years of experience in a bio-technology or bio-manufacturing environment
- S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology)
- Strong demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Must have an investigative and analytical mind and a methodical approach to testing new processes
- Need to be creative and have strong problem-solving skills
- Good teamwork and motivation skills are essential
- Must have strong ability to write and communicate effectively
Capabilities and behaviors:
|· Customer impact: builds strong, profitable, sustainable customer relationships, anticipating and exceeding customer expectations to increase demand for services and products in order to build loyalty.|
|· Managing external environment: anticipates and responds quickly to environmental changes for the benefit of the business and customers, through strong external networks and deep understanding of the markets.|
|· Execution Orientation: Drives to set ever higher standards and achieve results through determination, resilience and commitment. Develops solutions to enhance the service offering and drive continuous improvement.|
|· Setting Direction: develops simple, deliverable plans based on pragmatic new thinking, ideas or concepts. Assesses accurately commercial risk and return.|
|· Change management: Champions, leads, support or embeds change to improve things. Communicates well and helps others by overcoming barriers.|
|· Analysis and Decision Making: Analyses opportunities and problems thoughtfully and thoroughly to make good and timely decisions.|
|· Team Mobilization: builds high performing diverse teams, investing resources effectively. Recruits, develops, motivates and retains talent by setting stretching goals and developing capability of self, team and organization.|
|· Collaboration: ‘One team’ approach – gains commitment to strategic vision and goals. Builds and maintains networks and relationships, sharing knowledge and experience, delivering on commitments.|
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.