Manufacturing Service Technician – Dekorra IntelliGen (2nd shift)
2nd shift Manufacturing Service Technician – Dekorra IntelliGen
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2nd shift Manufacturing Service Technician – Dekorra IntelliGen position.
Supports Production operations by assembling and maintaining production instrumentation and parts, maintaining supplies, maintaining logs, troubleshooting and resolving problems, and helping with special projects.
- Conducts instrument maintenance & troubleshooting
- Conduct corrective level 1 maintenance of a proprietary biotechnology instrument including fluidic chip cleaning, troubleshooting, subassembly repair of fluidics, stages, and electronics as needed
- Maintain program for preventative maintenance (PM) and calibration of all laboratory equipment
- Fluidic component IQC as needed
- Conduct optical instrument repair as needed including receiving ongoing training of optics technology and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the assembly and packaging of instrument subassemblies
- Support R+D/QA projects as needed
- Provide timely reporting of issues to supervisor in accordance to standard procedures and work instructions, priority feedback to supervisor regarding health and safety issues is required
- Provide timely feedback to Production personnel of issues and resolution
- CMMS(Hippo) compliance
- Occasional overtime required
- Additional duties may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-High School education in a technical, production or laboratory trade program preferred.
- Experience in customer service, laboratory or equivalent production environment highly preferred.
- Excellent Manual dexterity
- Strong attention to detail and respect for quality assurance
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Who Are We?
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the worlds best pigs and bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.