Lead Manufacturing Engineer
This position is responsible for partnering with cross functional teams to create cost effective, innovative, and cutting-edge improvements in a biomanufacturing facility. Individual will be responsible for our global Relentless Improvement Program, driving projects and employee engagement amongst all sites. Position will support all current manufacturing processes, while leading all cost savings initiatives. Individual will be responsible for the successful transition of projects from RD into production at full scale and the hand off to the implementation team for deployment. Will be responsible for leading projects that realize verifiable improvements. This includes updates to leadership with timelines, business case, resources, and ROI. Success in this role requires the understanding of manufacturing principles, project management, and the ability to realize business opportunities within the manufacturing process. Proven ability to take technical projects from start to finish is required.
- Characterize existing manufacturing processes, with the ability to quantify performance.
- Estimate the business impact of projects, taking input from various stakeholders: Finance, Quality, Engineering, Biology, Manufacturing and Regulatory.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the current production process to realize improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for managing and completing all Relentless Improvement activities aimed at increased production, efficiency or decreased scrap/waste
- Decompose a problem of high dimensionality to manageable and actionable steps. Realizing knowledge gaps, this role shall independently learn skills necessary and/or leverage external support for project success.
- Participate in manufacturability reviews for engineered products, ensuring new tooling and process requirements are developed as required, and suggest modifications to design specifications that improve the efficiency of the manufacturing process; interface with other manufacturing departments to address and resolve engineering issues.
- Draft process or product validation tests, and identify risks for projects as necessary
- Effectively communicate project requirements to internal stakeholders
- Manage and build supplier relationships, having a forward-looking understanding of what technologies will be needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience leading a team and communicating to large groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high production environment, within tight deadlines and to re-organize workload to meet shifting business needs
- Ability to characterize manufacturing processes, realizing improvement opportunities, and determining business impact
- Understanding of engineering principles across multiple domains (industrial, mechanical, electrical, software)
- Demonstrated use and understanding of the Engineering Design Process
- Exposure to DMAIC and/or Lean methodology
- Proficient in mechanical design with computer aided design software
- Experience in process verification, using statistics to characterize process performance
- Familiar with engineering drawings, specifications and their interpretations
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. Industrial, Chemical, Biochemical, and/or Manufacturing engineering would be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Self starter, ability to self teach skills necessary for success
- Experience in lab automation, LabView, statistical software, supplier quality control preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and motivate teams
Capabilities and Behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexibility with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.