Laboratory Manager – Dekorra IntelliGen
Laboratory Manager – Dekorra IntelliGen
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Laboratory Manager – Dekorra IntelliGen position.
Genus IntelliGen™ Technologies is a unit of Genus PLC, a global pioneer in animal genetics. IntelliGen Technologies is the global brand behind the technology that develops sexed bovine genetics that helps customers maximize their profitability and reach their end goals in a fast and efficient manner.
Provide leadership, management, and direction to 30+ production employees in a bio-manufacturing plant. This includes performance coaching and development, training, and ensuring that manufacturing objectives were accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production.
- Prepare, track and maintain the operations and maintenance budgets.
- Manage and oversee manufacturing, quality, safety, logistics, and all other operational activities for this manufacturing facility. *Ensure metrics are being met or exceeded in regards to throughput, quality, cost and safety.
- Work closely with Quality Control to ensure that standards are being met on a consistent basis.
- Maintain health and safety standards that adhere to company policies and regulatory standards.
- Lead process improvement efforts, best practices sharing and champion Kaizon projects.
- Lead and/or participate in internal projects to ensure project deadlines and execution of deliverables meet expectations.
- Supervise production employees and proactively act upon employee relation opportunities including coaching and performance management.
- Ensure effective employee development and cross training.
- Assessing staffing needs, working with HR to staff appropriately and interview.
- Effectively interact with all departments on different levels to ensure the safe and efficient operations.
- Responsible for comprehensive documentation and accurate, thorough reporting of all plant activities
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in technical field highly preferred.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably biotech manufacturing
- Skilled at Conflict Resolution, Excellent Communication Skills and Proven Leadership Skills are Required
- Proven ability to maximize production and cost of goods utilizing continuous improvement,
- Inventory control, and other manufacturing tools are helpful.
- Experience with Kaizon, LEAN, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies preferred.
- Experience working with oracle is a plus
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus IntelliGen Technologies Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Ideally, candidates have experience working in a global role for a company in the agriculture sector.
Who Are We?
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the worlds best pigs and bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.