Intellectual Property Paralegal
Overall Responsibilities: Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network. Food consumption is expected to rise by 60% in the next 20 years. Our challenge is to affordably and sustainably meet that escalating demand while global resources diminish. Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world. We are hiring an experienced Paralegal to help us keep growing and serve the R&D business unit. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Genus is an excellent place to grow your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
- Reviewing and managing USPTO and foreign counsel correspondence.
- Tracking due dates via docketing systems and matter management and coordinating with attorneys and staff to meet all identified due dates.
- Overseeing the execution and legalization of documents for submission in intellectual property matters.
- Handling routine documentation for all aspects of US and Foreign prosecution of intellectual property matters. Filing documentation with intellectual property offices.
- Proactively preparing client reporting and prosecution documents. Communicating with USPTO, attorneys, foreign associates, staff and clients regarding all aspects of patent prosecution.
- Reviewing outside counsel and other vendor invoices for accuracy and processing payment of the same.
- Assisting with due diligence and other intellectual property issues related to agreements or other transactional matters.
- Researching regulations and case law.
- Assisting with compliance with applicable laws, corporate governance policies and supervisory procedures.
- Maintaining and creating corporate records, minutes, and filings for the company’s domestic subsidiaries
- Providing support for specific business development projects.
- Assisting attorneys by preparing litigation documents including pleadings, briefs, motions, subpoenas and discovery-related materials.
- Assisting attorneys with discovery requests, depositions and subpoenas.
- Drafting, proofreading and updating presentations, reports and templates.
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating simple form contracts and correspondence.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 3-5 years working with intellectual property and patent prosecution.
- A Paralegal Certification is desirable.
- Experience with PAIR, EFS-WEB and/or Patent Center are a plus.
- Trademark prosecution experience desirable, but not required.
- A strong attention to detail and experience managing an extensive patent prosecution docket.
- An exceptional client service focus.
- An ability to work independently and to prioritize and multi-task to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Outstanding communication (oral & written) and organization skills.
- Having the experience and flexibility to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work.
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Who Are We?
ABS Global is a market leader in dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.