Quality Control Supervisor
Overall Responsibilities: The position is responsible for all aspects of quality control in the organization.
Quality control supervisor oversees and monitors the inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established quality standards. Establishes inspection protocols, defines sampling procedures, and determines equipment and mechanisms to be used in the testing process. Recommends changes in specifications of materials, parts, and products based on inspection results. May formulate and revise quality control policies and procedures. The quality control supervisor is also responsible to oversee training and validation of personnel and coordinate the work conducted in QC departments across all sites. Additional functions include QC data entry, test reagent manufacture, qualifying new instrumentation utilized in the Quality Control laboratory and testing assistance for R&D projects.
- Supervise the selection, workflow, training and development of staff.
- Assess quality control process issues, and recommend improvements.
- Supervise product testing to ensure adherence to procedure accuracy.
- Performs RCA and investigations related to the Quality control processes
- Write, update, revise, and maintain the Laboratory’s Quality Control, SOPs
- Review quality inspection and QC personnel qualifications and training requirements.
- Assist Global Quality Manager in generating and reviewing analytical reports.
- Assist in development of validation plan associated with the quality control process or analytical method validations
- Oversees and develops inventory plans for all global QC labs
- Performs training and evaluates training proficiency for all QC analysts
- Maintains departmental training plan and training requirements for all QC employees.
- Oversees maintenance of QC laboratory equipment and facilities to ensure readiness for use, cleanliness and calibration
- Review of QC Data for compliance to procedures and specifications
- Transferring new methods from support groups to the QC laboratory
- Authors protocols related to the implementation and use of QC equipment
- Provides needed QC testing support when necessary
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in related field and 2+ years experience required
- Experience in making and reading slides
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office required
- Histology, Karyotyping or FISH Technique experience a plus
- DNA Isolation and PCR analysis experience a plus
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work.
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills .
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.