An exciting opportunity has arisen for Engineering Technician position.
The Engineering Technician will aid in the research and development of technology through the following activities: building laboratory equipment and manufacturing of prototypes from concept, generating and executing experiments based on requirements, troubleshooting, and maintaining laboratory instruments. This role will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team. Join our team to make a global impact on one of the biggest challenges currently facing mankind.
- Configure, assemble, and test electrical, electro-mechanical, fluidic, and optical prototypes
- Assemble, align, and test optical systems including lasers
- Conduct experiments following protocols provided, maintain accurate experimental records, interpret data, and communicate results
- Set up, operate, and monitor semi-automated systems for biotechnology production
- Work with cross-functional teams for driving product improvements and system performance
- Perform troubleshooting exercises for all platforms in support of Research and Development
- Learn biological factors and processes that impact system performance
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Promote and maintain clean, organized work areas
- Follow established safety guidelines
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in an Electrical Engineering Technology, Physics, Mathematics, or similar field
- Good academic standing in math, physics, and engineering mechanics
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Desire to expand knowledge base and maintain an “always learning” mentality
- Strong attention to detail and respect for quality assurance.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Strong laboratory math skills
- Experience in a laboratory
- Experience with optics assembly and alignment
- Experience in a biotechnology or scientific field
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors
- Flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member
- Strives to advance skills and display a willingness to accept future development
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company
Ideally, candidates have experience working in a global role for a company in the agriculture sector.
Who Are We?
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the worlds best pigs and bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.