Customer Service and Export Specialist
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network. Food consumption is expected to rise by 60% in the next 20 years. Our challenge is to affordably and sustainably meet that escalating demand while global resources diminish. Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world. We are seeking an experienced, and motivated Customer Service/Purchasing Agent to join the IntelliGen Technologies Team.
The Customer Service and Export Specialist will be the point of contact for our 3rd party customers. The Customer Service and Export Specialist will be responsible for shipping supplies to our facilities around the world.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following but not all-inclusive duties:
- Provide professional and courteous service through effective listening techniques and projecting a sincere and enthusiastic demeanor with the goal of uncovering primary needs.
- Process orders accurately and timely; follow up with customers as necessary.
- Will be required to work with patience and courtesy in customer relations.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer inquiries.
- Enter information into multiple screens and multiple programs while listening to information from customers.
- Follow policy and procedure documents to provide customer services to satisfy business and customer needs.
- Protect Genus’ business interests in dealing with 3rd party customers.
- Responsible for international shipment of our equipment and consumables.
- Responsible for inventory transactions pertaining to shipments.
- Keep prices competitive and affordable to protect business GM.
- Hold quarterly business reviews with all 3rd party customers.
- Interact with all Genus departments in a professional manner.
- Assisting with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in export shipping, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a laboratory and technical environment, strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively build effective relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, achievement oriented, self-motivated, and organized.
- Capability to read and understand contracts
- Knowledge of AI industry, preferred
- Detail Oriented, flexible and adaptable
CAPABILITIES AND BEHAVIORS:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work.
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry.
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.