Lead teams responsible for the successful adoption of additional facilities, technology, and process improvement initiatives in a global bio-manufacturing process, as well as identifying and executing continuous improvement initiatives. Monitor, manage, and communicate project status, ensuring that projects are moving forward within budget and timeline constraints.
- Develop and manage the execution of milestone-based project plans to implement new production facilities, or new technology upgrades to existing facilities.
- Lead project managers and engineers in integrating new technology, equipment, and processes into production, while preventing unintended affects and minimizing disruption.
- Provide overall leadership for the global relentless improvement program, providing cost reduction and increased efficiency to bio-manufacturing operations.
- Provide leadership to individual project managers, guiding their success, engagement, and career development.
- Effectively communicate project status to senior leadership.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with assigned new customers and drive continued value of our products and services
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the smooth execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
- Develop detailed project management tools (e.g., plans and action item logs) to track progress
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal skills and communication. Able to work effectively on a diverse team to solve challenging problems.
- Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative action. Requires judgment to know when it is necessary to consult with supervisor and/or support groups.
- Follow established safety regulations.
- Up to 25% travel required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Technical field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing customer facing projects strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate independently and make critical decisions.
- Experience in a laboratory or equivalent production environment highly preferred.
Capabilities and Behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.