Co-op Research Engineer
Co-op Research Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Co-op Research Engineer position.
Aid in the research and development of technology through the execution of experiments including preparing and processing samples, operating laboratory equipment, and manufacturing of prototypes from concept to generation. Co-op research engineers can focus on multiple pathways in the company and candidates need not be proficient in all of the accountabilities listed below.
- Learn and execute computational methods for fluid dynamics
- Computer aided design and analysis of prototype quality components
- MATLAB development and analysis of scientific algorithms
- Apply unit operations knowledge to the development of microfluidic devices
- Work as a cohesive part of the research and development team
- Communicate experimental results
- Conduct experiments following protocols provided or through own design
- Maintain accurate experimental records and perform data analysis on results
- Set up, operate, and monitor semi-automated systems for biotechnology production.
- Assure accurate and objective sample processing, including analysis of cell motility and morphology.
- Promote and maintain clean, organized work areas
- Follow established safety regulations
- Display willingness to perform non-routine tasks as needed to ensure overall productivity is high
Qualifications and experience:
- At least a Junior in college
- Currently enrolled in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other closely related engineering programs
- Good academic standing in math, physics, and engineering mechanics
- Experience in a laboratory is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Strong laboratory math skills
- Good written and verbal skills
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Who Are We?
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the worlds best pigs and bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.