Assistant Lab Manager
Genus IntelliGenTM Technologies is a unit of Genus PLC, a global pioneer in animal genetics. IntelliGen Technologies is the global brand behind the technology that develops sexed bovine genetics that helps customers maximize their profitability and reach their end goals in a fast and efficient manner.
Genus plc, a global pioneer in animal genetics, today launches Genus IntelliGenTM Technologies, a new technology unit within the Genus organization. IntelliGen Technologies, formerly known as Genus Sexed Semen, is the global brand behind the technology that enabled ABS Global to launch Sexcel™ Sexed Genetics in September.
Runs the day-to-day operations of the laboratory. This includes performance coaching and development, training, assisting in interviews, and ensuring that manufacturing objectives were accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Assists Shift Leads with coordinating the training of Laboratory Technicians to ensure enough trained staff per shift.
- Provides weekly summaries on each shift to the Lab Manager.
- Meets with all shift leads on a weekly basis.
- Supervises shift leads and technicians and proactively acts upon employee relation opportunities including coaching and performance management.
- Meets with all production technicians on a monthly-quarterly basis.
- In the absence of the lab manager gives a weekly report on KPIs to the Global Production Manager.
- Participates in the Evergreen structure with all production technicians.
- Communicates strategies, projects, and expectations to production leads and technicians from the Lab Manager.
- Uses good judgment to independently troubleshoot, initiate, recommend, and/or implement timely solutions to problems.
- Supports the development of policies and procedures.
- Communicates with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed.
- Assistant Lean Leader
- Lean Ambassador and owner of the RIB process in lieu of the Lab Manager.
- Assists Lab Manager in running high level RI projects intended to rework processes, flow, and reduce waste.
- Identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities and proactively acts to address issues.
- Communicate with purchasing, planning, and materials departments to ensure an effective and efficient operation.
- Supervises and delegates supply inventory. Places orders for day-to-day supplies as needed to maintain a good working inventory.
- Promote a positive work environment
- Maintains clean work environment
- Takes care of administrative items and maintains documentation in the lab
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field highly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably biotech manufacturing
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong and enthusiastic leadership skills and style
- Independent thinker
- Data driven
- Collaboration – able to work with and through others
- Good leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus IntelliGen Technologies Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.