2nd Shift Lead (Leeds)
The Shift Lead can independently operate four instruments and conduct all processing tasks. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the team members on the production floor throughout the shift and will serve as the day-to-day mentor and trainer on the production floor for their shift.
- Operate instruments and conduct all processing tasks. This includes:
- Prepare for the production process.
- Participate in continuous operational improvement.
- Work with coworkers and manager to effectively troubleshoot equipment and process issues.
- Understand the theory and concepts behind the technology and processes.
- Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action.
- Review documentation and check all calculations (e.g. tickets, labels, equipment reading).
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems.
- Comply with safety requirements and report all issues within 24 hours, SOPs, and manufacturing documentation.
- Use of automation to perform production operations.
- Provide detailed documentation.
- Alleviate any GPS issues on the instruments.
- Provide regular communication (both verbal and/or written) within operations.
- Spend adequate amount of time on the production floor with technicians and staying up-to-date with technical skills and abilities.
- Support formal and informal training programs including new hire training and advanced technician training.
- Identify individual training needs and recommend staff for additional training.
- Provide on the job coaching and training to address remedial technical gaps.
- Provide weekly shift reports to the Lab Manager.
- Regularly check equipment and report equipment not operating efficiently.
- Monitor shift supplies and communicate inventory issues in a timely manner.
- Serve as a lean ambassador including owning the RIB cards for the shift.
- Be the health & safety champion for the shift and promote a culture of health and safety by ensuring all employees follow the company’s bio-security policies by maintaining a clean and safe workplace and encouraging others to do the same.
- Ensure all technician incidents are reported before the end of the shift or within 24 hours.
- Promote a culture of health and safety by ensuring all employees follow the company’s bio-security policies by maintaining a clean and safe workplace and encouraging others to do the same.
- Be a champion of change and quality for the production floor.
- Strive and develop new skills. Assume greater responsibility within the department and organization.
- Ensure production is running smoothly including delegating responsibilities and assigning daily duties, escalating issues technicians are unable to resolve, following up on problems to ensure tasks are managed to conclusion, leading shift meetings and presenting relevant updates and working with Lab Manager on larger changes and announcements.
- Attend monthly leadership meetings between Lab Manager, Assistant Lab Manager, HRBP, and all shift leads.
- Monitor quality and address quality issues within scope of ability.
- All other production projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year or more as an internal ST3 with demonstrated leadership aptitude and capabilities, a minimum of six months as an internal SST, or three years or more of production experience plus one year of formal leadership training/experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal skills including both verbal and written communications
- Display solid performance standards, be reliable and dependable
- Ability to work with and effectively promote a team environment
- Ability to be a positive leader
- Strong attention to detail and respect for quality assurance
Capabilities and Behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Please fill out the form below and attach any relevant documents at the end.